Orthotics Mississauga are required by the people who suffer from foot problems such as bunions, calluses, arch strain/pain, hammer toes, crooked toes, corns, heel spurs, heel pain, Metatarsalgia, Plantar fasciitis or over-pronation. It is basically a science of constructing foot appliances such as shoes, shoe inserts, arch supports etc. so as to provide the required support and cushioning to the foot. Mostly, the normal shoes that we wear have plenty of cushioning and motion control underneath but the one thing that they lack is proper support for the heel or arch aka shock absorption.
Whenever you get Orthotics Mississauga, you need to take out the insoles of your regular shoes and replace them with the orthotics insert so as to gain its maximum benefit. Orthotics Mississauga come in various sizes and shoe styles. Three of the most common styles of Orthotics Mississauga are mentioned below:
- Supportive – As the name clears it all, these orthotics are used to provide the arch with maximum support.
- Functional – These types of orthotics are perfect for individuals who have over-pronation (common in people with flat feet) and supination (common in people with high arches). If you are suffering from one such problem, you will be pretty well aware that they cause excessive strain on joints and muscles throughout the leg, hip and back. However, the good thing is that you can get rid of such pains by using a functional Orthotics Mississauga.
- Accommodative – This orthotics is used in patients who have sesamoid bones, metatarsal heads, inflamed toes, sores and collapsed tarsal bones. If you are or know one such patient, then you must get accommodative Orthotics Mississauga to get rid of pressure and pain on the tender areas.
How to get Orthotics Mississauga?
If you are interested in getting one such insert, then you can probably choose one of the following two ways to get the perfect orthotics as per your needs:
- Get them custom made – These orthotics are custom designed as per your foot shape and your bodily needs. As they provide unmatched support, the only downside is that they are a bit pricier than the ready-made insoles. They are prescribed by podiatrist, family practitioner or a chiropractor, but its actual fitting is done by the pedorthist.
- Ready-made – These are readily available online, in nearest pharmacies and drugstores. You can order them according to you shoe size and get them at your own convenience.
No matter what kind of Orthotics Mississauga you get for your feel, always remember that you should get the doctor’s prescription before buying any kind of Orthotics Mississauga for yourself. After all, it is a medicinal shoe insert. Not just a regular insole.